OUR CHARITY NEEDS YOU!
We have been working on some very interesting projects to help benefit head and neck cancer patients, but we need your help to bring them to life.
Our charity relies solely on donations. Understandably donations have been few and far between recently. Therefore, we are asking you to take part in our Mouth Cancer 10 KM Awareness Walk from Home and help fundraise for us!
To take part simply do the following:
• Create a route, around your local area, with a total distance of 10 KM. This could be any combination such as 1 x 10 KM, 2 x 5 KM, 10 x 1 KM. The route can be done in one go, (10 KM is approximately 12500 steps and takes about one and a half to two hours to complete), or over several days. You can even set yourself challenges and do as many 10 KMs as you like over the duration of the event. Ideally this is a walk, but if you wish to run, walk backwards, hop, skip etc that is fine. The choice is yours! Just send us your photos and tag us in on social media.
• Register via www.mouthcancerwalk.org/register. Complete the online application form so we can send you your virtual medal on completion of the Mouth Cancer 10KM Awareness Walk.
• Use a free walking app to create your route. There are loads of free walking Apps to choose from such as Strava, Charity Miles, Map My Walk, Fitbit, Walk Meter, Foot Path Route Planner and Nike Run Club.
• It is important that you use an app as we will need to see a copy of your completed route when you tag us in on social media. This will help form part of the proof of you doing your 10 K.
• Take photos of you and your family having fun walking and supporting us. If you have a mouth cancer foundation t shirt it would be great if you could wear it when taking your photos.
• Upload the following via your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account:
• Evidence of your 10 KM route
• Photos of you and your family on your walk
• Any fundraising donation made via Virgin Money Giving or Just Giving
• Tag us in at Instagram @mouthcancer, Facebook @mouthcancerfoundation and Twitter @mouthcancerMCF and tag three friends to do the same. Alternatively, you can email the information in at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our fundraising pages are –>