Mouth Cancers, although quite rare, are on the increase. It is important to know and recognise the signs and symptoms:
- An ulcer or white or red patch anywhere in the mouth that does not heal within 3 weeks.
- A lump or swelling anywhere in the mouth, jaw or neck that persists for more than 3 weeks.
- A difficulty in swallowing, chewing or moving the jaw or tongue.
- A numbness of the tongue or other area of the mouth.
- A feeling that something is caught in the throat.
- A chronic sore throat or hoarseness that persists more than 6 weeks.
- An unexplained loosening of teeth with no dental cause.
Historically the death rate associated with this cancer is particularly high not because it is hard to discover or diagnose, but due to late detection. Contact us today for free leaflet.