For this year’s Mouth Cancer Action Month, which we are jointly promoting with the Oral Health Foundation, we...
From time to time the charity requires volunteers to help with various campaigns and initiatives.
Volunteers wanted for the Mouth Cancer Foundation!
We are looking for reliable and pro-active individuals to volunteer at some of our MOUTH CANCER FOUNDATION events this year.
The Mouth Cancer 10KM Awareness Walk
The FREE annual 10KM sponsored walk takes place on September 2019 in Hyde Park, London at 1200. Participants should arrive at 1100. The walk aims to raise the awareness of the symptoms of mouth cancer and 2019 promises to be the biggest walk yet.
The Mouth Cancer 10KM Awareness Walks over the past eleven years have been hugely successful.
It is hoped that this year’s event will prove to be even more popular and that the crowd will attract the attention of the media to help raise awareness of mouth cancer. Everyone of any age and ability is invited. On the day participants will receive a participant bib, t-shirt and refreshments for the walk as well as a goodie bag with lots of freebies given out at the end of the event. There are also prizes for top fundraisers.
Date: September 2019
LOCATION: The Bandstand, Hyde Park, London, W2 2UH
We are looking for:
- Goodie Bag Helpers: We require 2 volunteers who can get to our office in Kew on September 2019 between 0930 and 1500 to help us prepare goodie bags.
- Helpers to mark out the route: We are looking for 2 or 3 people who available between 0530 and 0900 to mark out the route. You need to have an access to a bike as you will be required to cycle the 10KM route to put out route markers and signage.
- Lead, Middle and Rear Walkers: We require 6 people to walk in pairs to walk at the front and behind all the participants taking part in the walk, as well as in the middle of the pack. The ability to walk 10km is a must.
- Route Marshals: We require 30 volunteers to be positioned at various points along the 10km route. Prior to the start of the event volunteers will walk the route with the event staff setting out the markers and learning their positions for the duration on the event. Route marshals will be given a list of instructions for on the day and will need to arrive at the park by 0900.
- Start and Finish Area Marshals: 15 Volunteers are needed to help out at the start and finish areas where they will help set up the marquees and banners. The day will start at 0900 and everyone working at the start/finish area will need to be back at in their positions by 1100 in preparation for the participants arriving.
Volunteers can specify their preferred job roles prior to the event and job roles will be allocated on the day.
What is in it for you?
All volunteers will be provided with vouchers which can be exchanged for hot and cold drinks and/ or lunch will be provided by the charity. For more information or to sign up to volunteer at the event, please contact 020 8940 5680 or alternatively email us.