CDS received a very warm welcome from the men and women of Luton Fire and Rescue Service on Tuesday 20 November 2018...
The Mouth Cancer Foundation needs your support to raise awareness of mouth cancer and raise money to fund our objectives.
You can take part in a range of awareness & fundraising events and/or make a donation.
Many participants either take part in Official Mouth Cancer Foundation Events or they come up with their own innovative ways to raise awareness and funds for the charity including marathons, running, swimming, and other physical events, cake sales and sponsored events of any type.
We support all fund raising initiatives and any ideas are welcome.
Mouth Cancer Foundation has teamed up with Virgin Money Giving so all our runners & events participants can raise money quickly and easily online with their own personalised web pages. Friends and family will be able to donate online with a credit or debit card - so no more running around with paper sponsorship forms, or chasing cheques and cash after your event.
For our fundraisers...
To set up your own free, personal Mouth Cancer Foundation fundraising web page today visit Virgin Money Giving.
Where does your money go?
The Mouth Cancer Foundation helps individuals in many ways:
- Co-ordinate and lead a Mouth Cancer Awareness programme in the United Kingdom that emphasises early detection and prevention.
- Provide counseling and support for patients and families.
- Provide a telephone helpline and education led by experts.
- Offer an online support group and interactive web community.
- Create national co-ordination and support for local support groups to provide assistance for those who need it most.
- Reach out to local communities, hospitals, and schools with vital information and expertise. Give financial assistance for things such as pain medication, homecare, childcare, and transportation to and from treatments.
- Foster and undertake research into any aspect of the objects of the Foundation and its work and to disseminate the results of any such research.
- Co-operate and enter into arrangements with any relevant authorities, organizations, national, local or otherwise.
- Working with existing organizations like Macmillan Cancer Relief and CancerBACUP, BDHF, WCRF and other charitable organizations.
- Many patients encounter financial problems resulting from their illness. Patients and carers need information about government entitlements and private resources, and assistance in helping them to access and utilize these critical benefits.
- Encourage all patients to be aware of the early signs of Mouth Cancer and to self screen and see a dentist or doctor if they have any concerns.