Support Group Awards
1st November 2018 to 31st January 2019
The Mouth Cancer Foundation holds their bi-annual Support Group Awards to recognise the valuable support provided by local head and neck cancer support groups. The Awards seek to reward existing good practice and encourage support groups to share their knowledge for the benefit of supporting more people affected by head and neck cancer.
In 2013 Mouth Cancer Foundation Support Group Awards Winners were:
- Gold Support Award - £1,500 to The Swallows
- Silver Support Award - £1,000 to Head and Neck Social Group
- Bronze Support Award - £500 to HANDS
The Mouth Cancer Foundation Support Group Awards will take place again in 2015.
Who Can Apply?
Mouth Cancer Foundation Support Group Awards are open to all existing support groups and projects in the UK. The support group or project must be solely dedicated to working with and supporting people affected by mouth, throat or other head and neck cancers.
How to Apply
- Support Group Guidance Notes available
- Complete the Support Group Award's Application
- Submit the Support Group Award's Application
Award winners will be informed in January 2015.
The Mouth Cancer Foundation want to hear about the ways you offer support to people that improves the life of those affected by head and neck cancer and to share your work and achievements with others. The Mouth Cancer Foundation understands that local support groups will have different levels of resources and may not have sophisticated processes.
The Mouth Cancer Foundation judges all applicants on the positive impact your support group has on the lives people affected by head and neck cancers. Judges will look for evidence of work that:
- Improves support services to head and neck cancer patients
- Tackles the consequences caused by head and neck cancer treatment
- Offers an opportunity to communicate experience
- Can be replicated across the UK
Please contact the Mouth Cancer Foundation to request an electronic Support Group Awards Form and Guidance Notes.