We now have a dedicated text number for anyone wishing to support us in the GIVAPOUND campaign, the fundraising...
Mouth Cancer Awareness Day
Early detection of mouth cancer greatly improves the chances of survival. Dentists have a key role to play in the early detection of mouth cancer and in the prevention of the disease by identifying those patients who are exposed to risk factors.
On Mouth Cancer Awareness Day, FREE mouth cancer examinations will be offered throughout the country. The examination is quick and painless and can be completed in just two minutes once you are sitting in the dentist chair. Book your appointment with a participating dentist here.
The examinations are open to anyone who wishes to book an appointment. If you experience any of the following symptoms it is especially important that you make time to do this for your peace of mind this Mouth Cancer Awareness Day.
- An ulcer or white or red patch anywhere in the mouth that does not heal within 3 weeks.
- A lump or swelling anywhere in the mouth, jaw or neck that persists for more than 3 weeks.
- A difficulty in swallowing, chewing or moving the jaw or tongue.
- A numbness of the tongue or other area of the mouth.
- A feeling that something is caught in the throat.
- A chronic sore throat or hoarseness that persists more than 6 weeks.
- An unexplained loosening of teeth with no dental cause.
There is more information about mouth cancer, the signs and symptoms, the risk factors or other information on our website. http://www.mouthcancerfoundation.org/patients-guide/prevention