The highlight of our Autumn calendar is almost here…the 12th annual Mouth Cancer 10KM Awareness Walk, which is...
The Mouth Cancer Foundation helps individuals in many ways:
- Co-ordinate and lead a Mouth Cancer Awareness programme in the United Kingdom that emphasises early detection and prevention.
- Provide counseling and support for patients and families.
- Provide a telephone helpline and education led by experts.
- Offer an online support group and interactive web community.
- Create national co-ordination and support for local support groups to provide assistance for those who need it most.
- Reach out to local communities, hospitals, and schools with vital information and expertise. Give financial assistance for things such as pain medication, homecare, childcare, and transportation to and from treatments.
- Foster and undertake research into any aspect of the objects of the Foundation and its work and to disseminate the results of any such research.
- Co-operate and enter into arrangements with any relevant authorities, organizations, national, local or otherwise.
- Working with existing organizations like Macmillan Cancer Relief and CancerBACUP, BDHF, WCRF and other charitable organizations.
- Many patients encounter financial problems resulting from their illness. Patients and carers need information about government entitlements and private resources, and assistance in helping them to access and utilize these critical benefits.
- Encourage all patients to be aware of the early signs of Mouth Cancer and to self screen and see a dentist or doctor if they have any concerns.